Table of contents
Leś' research group:
- Master thesis - 1971 (University of Warsaw)
- Ph.D. thesis - 1976 (University of Warsaw)
- Habilitation - 1987 (University of Warsaw)
- Professor of Chemistry - 2000 (University of Warsaw)
Affiliated to the University of Warsaw’s Faculty of Chemistry since 1971, and to the Pharmaceutical Research Institute since 1995. Deputy chairman of the PRI’s Scientific Board since 2008 and chairman of Staff Committee of the PRI’s Scientific Board since 2007.
Author and co-author of over 130 papers published in the international journals and 2 patent applications. Promoter of 3 Ph.D. theses.
- Theoretical and quantum mechanical calculations of chemical molecules and systems of biological and pharmacological interest
- Molecular basis of drug action
- Theoretical basis of pharmaceutical synthesis optimisation
- Statistical analysis in bioequivalence studies
- Courses in basic concepts of quantum and theoretical chemistry
- Computer laboratories of numerical and statistical methods in chemistry
- Theoretical and computational modeling of functionalization energy vs. length for armchair models of nanotubes, Massimo Fusaro, Journal of Computational and Theoretical Nanoscience, Volume 8, Number 9, September 2011 , pp. 1648-1652(5)
- M. Fusaro, A. Jurkiewicz, A. Jarmula, A. Les, W. Rode, Hypothesis of a proton switch in QM/MM modelling of interaction of dUMP analogues with thymidylate synthase, Molecular Simulation, 36 (13), 1059-1066 (2010).
- M. Swiniarska, A. Les, W. Rode, J. Ciesla, C. Milan-Pacheco, I. Orgega Blake, N. Pastor, Segmental motions of rat thymidylate synthase leading to half-the-sites behaviour, Biopolymers, 93, 549-559 (2010).
- T. Ruman, K.Dlugopolska, A. Kusmierz, A. Jurkiewicz, A. Les, W. Rode, Synthesis and NMR properties of novel 5,6-dihydroborauracil derivatives, Bioorganic Chemistry, 37, 65-69 (2009).
- Theoretical and Computational Modeling of Functionalization Energy for Highly Symmetrical Molecules: Nanotubes and Fullerenes, Massimo Fusaro, Journal of Computational and Theoretical Nanoscience, Volume 6, Number 5, May 2009 , pp. 1175-1180(6)
- B. Trzaskowski, F. Leonarski, A. Les, L. Adamowicz, Altering the Orientation of Proteins on Self-Assembled Monolayers, A Computational Study Biomacromolecules, 9, 3239-3245 (2008).
- V. I. Poltev, V. M. Anisimov, V. I. Danilov, A. Deriabina, E. Gonzalez, A. Jurkiewicz, A. Les, N. Polteva, DFT Study of B-like Conformations of Deoxydinucleoside Monophosphates containing Gua and/or Cyt and their complexes with Na+ cation, Journal of Biomolecular Structure and Dynamics, 25, 563-571 (2008).
- B. Trzaskowski, F. Leonarski, A. Les, L. Adamowicz, Modeling at interfaces. immobilization of microtubules on self-assembled monolayers, Journal of Physical Chemistry B109, 17734-17742 (2005).
- A. Les, W. Pucko, W. Szelejewski, Optimization of the Reduction of a 5-Benzylidenethiazolidine-2,4-dione Derivative Supported by the Reaction Response Surface Analysis: Synthesis of Pioglitazone Hydrochloride, Organic Process Research & Development, 8, 157-162 (2004).
- J. Martynow, M. Krupa, A. Les, A. Kutner, W. Szelejewski, Optimization of copper(I)- catalyzed 1,6-conjugate addition of a methyl group to 17β-acetoxy-4,6-estradien-3-one, Organic Process Research & Development, 8, 846-851 (2004).
- A. Jarmula, P. Cieplak, A. Les, W. Rode, Relative free energies of binding to thymidylate synthase of 2- and/or 4-thio and.or 5-fluoro analogues of dUMP, Journal of Computer- Aided Molecular Design, 17, 699-710 (2003).
- K. Jackowski, A. Les, W. Makulski, K. Wozniak, Influence of intermolecular interactions on nuclear magnetic shielding constans of OCS, Polish Journal of Chemistry, 76, 575-580 (2002).
- Z. Chilmonczyk, M. Cybulski, J. Iskra-Sopa, E. Chojnacka-Wojcik, E. Tatarczynska, A. Klodzinska, A. Les, A. Bronowska, I. Sylte, Interaction of 1,2,4-substituted piperazines, new serotonin receptor ligands, with 5-HT1A and 5-HT2A receptors, Il Farmaco, 57, 285-301 (2002).
- A. Bronowska, A. Les, Z. Chilmonczyk, S. Filipek, O. Edvardsen, R. Ostensen, I. Sylte, Molecular dynamics of buspirone analogues at the 5-HT1A and 5-HT2A serotonin receptors, Bioorganic and Medicinal Chemistry, 9, 881-895 (2001).